Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Minotaur Contemplates Blinding Himself

Unseemly: The brainwashed trees' untimely green.
I stumble awake, dazed by their stony glitter
And stand at the window retching nectarine.

The hideous birds are roused and chatter
As I scream through the stained and tortured streets -
From windows, children point and titter.

Smoke, heavy-scented, climbs the windy cleats
From mounds of burning leaves - the mark of fall
At every door. Inside, something insidious beats.

I have leered through those rank rooms and small
Where shadows whisper and cut upon the bleeding
Sheets. I have seen all, heard all.

And raged upon the light descending.
And weaved my shroud of words unending.

2 comments:

Pragya said...

Said it before, this is an amazing piece of poetry! Loved every stanza!

Pragya

Dan Husain said...

Words, imagery, ideas, pain and despair all interwoven with a deftness of a poet. Awesome work.