Thursday, March 24, 2005

SCARlet Moments

I have left many a mind wondering as to the prelude to this piece...My maid turned up one morning with unnatural cyanosis compelling me to ask her the reason. I wish I had never asked. What I heard left me tearful and deeply pained. No human being deserves this and inspite of all this brutality, she did not want to report it. I was not surprised. Can we forget Sitas and Satis? The indoctrination runs deep, just like the SCARS...

I pardon you
For those electric moments
Of lame insanity
When blind fury
And its raw, brutal forces
Overpower you
Empower you
With an emotion of extreme righteousness
Anaesthetizing you
To the pain and blood of the wounds
You inflict upon me
In those 'SCAR'let moments
Which are my moments
Of powerlessness, of slavery!

I pardon you
For forgiveness
In its most pristine incarnation
Enslaves you with guilt
Undresses you
Of undeserved power
Shows me the beast lying defeated
Wrapped and laid to rest
In the filthy coffin of shame!

© Praneeta Paradkar 2005

4 comments:

Pragya said...

Praneeta!

I loved the lines -

"I pardon you
For forgiveness
In its most pristine incarnation
Enslaves you with guilt
Undresses you
Of undeserved power"

Very Gandhian!

Pragya

Dan Husain said...

What happened? What did the Maid say?

Jinx said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jinx said...

Scarlet as in scar-let?

Or does it imply something else?