Thursday, June 23, 2005

High Hopes

1.

city by
city by
city we parted
- you did not say a word
nor I

without you
I can find no rest
in this place
I once
called home

clouds appeared
on the vacant horizon
whispered promises
disappeared

now all I can do
is throw stones
at the sky
and hope
it rains

2.

we live on

of course

and isn't it amazing -
the things we get used to
the things
we can get by
without?

building our lives around
an absence
(cupped palms
under a tap run dry)

waiting
(that final act of faith)

waiting

as if waiting alone
can bring back what's
lost

3 comments:

Pragya said...

Welcome back Rhymebawd, and what a comeback!

Impressed with your artistry in depicting loss and sadness in so few words and with such effect!

Especially liked:

"clouds appeared
on the vacant horizon
whispered promises
disappeared

now all I can do
is throw stones
at the sky
and hope
it rains"

Wouldn't you also post it on the S&Co. Network on Ryze, please?

Pragya

Dan Husain said...

Brilliant! Absolutely enthralling!

sdRay said...

My name is Ray and I just started a new blog about how to make a good confession. Its a place where you can chat about how to make a good confession confidentially. I hope you will come and check out www.MySecretConfessionSpace.com. Thanks for letting me post on your site.